Together the epilepsy associations in Helsinki, Pirkanmaa and Pohjois-Pohjanmaa decided to establish a national epilepsy association on the 10th of September in 1969. Professor Erkki Kivalo was a significant influencer during the establishment of the association. He was the chairman of the establishing meeting in Pitäjänmäki at Helsinki.
- First Epilepsy magazine by the Finnish Epilepsy Association came out in 1970.
- First courses were organised in 1974.
- 1980 was the year of campaigns when topics of the Hope Program and fundraising were epilepsy and the society, help children with epilepsy to live, love life, and help people with epilepsy rehabilitate.
- Research and development activities supported by the Slot Machine Association during 1994-200 with the themes: together stronger and gaming services.
- The Year of the Wolf film gave epilepsy a face in 2007 (Suden vuosi)