We follow the preparation of national legislation and make statements on draft laws. We participate in public debates, influence the preparation of legislation and take initiatives and statements. We communicate via multiple channels and highlight key advocacy themes.
Our aim is for municipal councillors, MPs, ministerial working groups and decision-makers to become aware of the daily challenges and problems that people with epilepsy and their loved ones face. We emphasise the need to find solutions for them.
Advocacy issues that are important to people with epilepsy and their close ones include:
- Accurate diagnosis, timely and comprehensive treatment regardless of place of residence
- Social security and costs of illness
- Flexibility of the service system
- Effective and adequate services
- Safe housing and movement